Because we are environmentally friendly & to offer stylish products, we examined as many fabrics as possible to work with.
We chose recycled polyester because of the many advantages that the fabric has to offer: both for the environment and for your comfort.
PET = most common type of resin. Recycled PET plastic is very durable because it can be 100% recycled: from bottle to label to cap.
How is a PET bottle converted into recycled polyester?
1.Pre-consumer fiber waste and post-consumer plastic are collected.
2.The bottles are ground, melted and reprocessed into Repreve chips.
3. The chips are then melted and extruded into recycled Repreve fibers
4.The Repreve fibers are used to make fabrics and eco-friendly products.
Polyester from recycled PET bottles offers the following advantages over standard polyester:
- Requires 86% less water than normal polyester
- Consumes 66% less energy than normal polyester
- 75% lower carbon footprint
- 1 kg can keep 60 water bottles from our environment
- The recycling of 1 plastic bottle saves the equivalent of 3 hours of energy from a 60 watt light bulb
- 51 billion plastic bottles are dumped worldwide every year
- Plastic bottles in US landfills can be wrapped around the earth up to 5 times
The use of PET not only helps us to keep plastic out of landfills and oceans, but also to save our natural resources.